How much does my voice in Europe count? This is a question for which we have to provide an answer to the European pe ...
Our internships are already booked until the European elections. If you are interested in an internship with Mr. Weber after the European elections (should he get the mandate again), please send us your application from April 2019 onwards.
Would you like to gain an exciting insight into the work of the European Parliament? Are you keen on experiencing Europe up close? Do you enjoy working in an international environment? In that case, you should apply for a traineeship in our office. In Wildenberg and Brussels, we offer, to dedicated students interested in Europe, a wonderful opportunity to gain valuable experience.
- A particular interest in the work of the European Union;
- At least three completed universitary semesters;
- Language skills: German: native speaker level; English: excellent command; French: welcomed but not a precondition
- Microsoft Office skills.
Traineeships in the Office of Manfred Weber are set in fixed time periods, during which the student will gain an insight into the working environment of our office. The periods are as follows:
- From January until February (two months)
- From March until April (two months)
- From May until July (three months)
- From September until October (two months)
- Frm November until December (two months)
If desired, you are welcome to connect two time periods to one longer traineeship. During the parliamentary summer recess it is not possible to undertake a traineeship in the European Parliament. Traineeships shorter than two months are not offered; you are, however, welcome to undertake a shorter traineeship in Manfred Weber’s Constituency Office in Wildenberg.
- Participating in EPP Group Meetings, as well as meetings involving the European Parliament Committees and Delegations;
- Supporting press work as well as the preparation of sessions and meetings;
- Processing citizen request indepentently;
- Researching interesting matters of European policy;
- Assisting administrative work.